Liverpool manager, Brendan Rodgers is known to be arrogant and say some stupid things that often backfired on him. Below are his ridiculous quotes that make him look like an arrogant fool now;
1) “Look at Tottenham. If you spend £100m, you expect to be challenging for the league.”
Rodgers attacked Tottenham and tried to put pressure on them after spending the 100m they got from selling Gareth Bale.
Season 2014/15, he spent more than 100m but ended up finishing lower than Tottenham, talk about karma.
2) “Judge me after three years” – (in 2012)
Rodgers challenged his critics to judge him three years after his appointment in 2012. By the end of the three years, his side was demolished 1-6 by Stoke City as Steven Gerrard’s farewell game.
3) “My biggest mentor is myself because I’ve had to study, so that’s been my biggest influence.”
4) “I always say a squad is like a good meal – I’m not a great cook, but a good meal takes a wee bit of time.”
5) “I’ve always worked along the statistic that if you can dominate the game with the ball you have a 79 per cent chance of winning.”
6) “I believe a young player will run through a barbed wire fence for you. An older player looks for a hole in the fence, he’ll try and get his way through it some way, but the young player will fight for you.”
Raheem Sterling is fighting so hard to leave him by the end of season 2014/15.
7) “When you’ve got the ball 65-70% of the time, it’s a football death for the other team. We’re not at that stage yet, but that’s what we will get to. It’s death by football. You just suck the life out of them.”
8) “We play with 11 men, other teams play with 10 men and a goalkeeper.”
9) “We won’t do a Tottenham”
Liverpool just out-Tottenham Tottenham themselves.
10) “Defending is easy.”
Rodgers famously said defending is easy when other sides defend against his side and challenge them to be more open. His Liverpool side got humiliated 1-6 by Stoke, even Liverpool fans are turning against him now.
11) “It will be very difficult for Manchester United to sign big players without Champions League football, Louis van Gaal will find out about it soon.”
Rodgers’ greeting to LVG upon his arrival in the English Premier League. Man Utd ended up signing Angel di Maria and Falcao, while Liverpool signed Balotelli, Llana and Lovren.